Saturday, February 12, 2011

Truth Day Two: Loving Me is Easy Cause....





Here I am on Day Two (not really, but you get the gist), sitting here in silence, no television;  and today,  I have to write something I love about myself.  The one thing that stands out in my mind right now is...being resilient.  Instead of me drowning in the funk of it all, I hold my head high and keep moving with a smile!  And as if you didn't get it already, that's something else I love about me too!  My smile!  cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese...


But I'll get to that smile later...on to resilience...


As some that are close to me already know, I have gone through a hellva ride the past couple of years!  Been hit with lots of rocks that created massive wounds in my soul.  (why me?)  Lots of tears, too much wine, the big stress ball in the back of my neck left me completely exhausted and I didn't want to think anymore.  I started to give up...(who is this person?  I don't like her...tell her to leave!)


I had forgotten to BELIEVE in myself.  Lost all sense and sensibility within.  How did this happen?  Maybe I'd be better off if I just took myself out so as not to feel the pain anymore, I thought to myself (the devil was working me overtime).  All of these questions and answers (yes, I talk back) went through my mind and I had to stop and scream!!  Give myself a pep talk like a coach to his players...'Stop your whining and do something about it!!   This is not who you are!  Keep your head in the game!  This is not your design!! MAKE A WAY!!  You ARE worthy!!  Someone else has lost more than you have.  You're still here!!  NOW GET OUT THERE AND WIN!!!'


So even though it still creeps up on me from time to time, I can clearly see my purpose and have come back to who I truly am.  I am ready to continue my battle and WILL NOT be easily taken down.  Because dear god...I'M HERE!  I'M HERE!!!!!!


But then...


Here comes that smile!  It's infectious and I have been told so!  When I see my smile, it even makes me feel good; like I can do anything (I'm the queen of the woooooooooooooorld) and everything.  Some people have told me this and I didn't believe it until I saw it myself!  Wow!  So shiny and bright I can be.  


A smile can make a world of difference when you feel like giving up! *wink*


So there you have it...what I love about myself..my resilience and my smile!  MUAHZ

3 comments:

ABoyd378 said...

*BIG HUGS*

Yes, you ARE Resilient, Whimsy!!

I often told you, and will CONTINUE to tell you: You are More Balanced than what you realize and Give yourself Credit for. I'll keep breathing that into you, and you will see it more and more with each passing day! ;-)

Caprice Starbrite said...

Thanks Drew Drew! Keep holding on now!! *HUGS* :)

Thee_Kween said...

Resilient...like young skin and dancer's toes. Smile on, Preecey :)