Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I WANT TO THANK YOU!!


I have to give a special shout to DENNIS SLOAN! This is not a blog against my sistahs or the other brothers whom always extend their hand to me and are always there to lend an ear, but this holds a special place in my heart and HAVE to pay homage to this man! He is golden and ALWAYS there when I ask. I don’t have too many male friends that know me better than I know myself as Dennis does.


Whenever I’m sad or my spirit is low, if something is out of wack or the tone of my voice is different than usual...HE KNOWS! Hell, after I wrote my blog April 5th, HE KNEW!  I can never hide from him; even if I say I’m okay, he knows I’m not! He still gives me a hug to let me know I am loved and that he’s there for me! No fillers...no chasers. Out of all the male friends I’ve ever had (and the one’s I know that consistently tell me that they got my back, brothers, I nod my head to you in appreciation), he has been the only man that has truly lived up to being a man (even though he’s taken and shit, I digress-LOL) and been there for me through thick and thin. Even when I’m fussing with him not to be late (he is Synchronized Rhythm’s security man), he takes it and STILL manages to make light of the situation; with a hug. Or, he’ll just stay away from until I come to him, which takes a lot of patience in knowing me and I commend him for that. I just want to give thanks to him for his selfless kindness and attentiveness to my feelings. I am a strong person, but the strong get weak too; and I can’t always have that perfect STARBRITE spirit that people expect of me (I'm allowed my downtime too).

But it brings me to this thought...for those that say they will be there for me through the storm...if I really really fell...who would be the ones who will step up to the plate? Will there be truth in your words or will you fall short of your truths?

6 comments:

Butterfly Effect said...

True friendship is a beautiful thing. And Dennis...you done good. Keep holding my sis down. And Caprice to your question..I would only hope I would rise to my words and make them a reality. Love ya! Beautiful blog.

Caprice Starbrite said...

Thank you my love!! I really really really appreciate that and have a feeling deep down in my gut...if I called you and needed you...you'd be there! You are a beautiful spirit and I am grateful to have you in my corner!!

Andrew Boyd said...

Fantastic Read!! I am happy that there is someone in your Life that knows you that well, and keeps you Level! Hold onto that Friendship!!

As for your Inquisition, know that I will do my ABSOLUTE BEST to help you get back on your Path to Enlightenment. I have done it for those who are Deserving of my Words, and they haven't looked back since. I can assure you that I will be the same for you!

Caprice Starbrite said...

Thanks Andrew! :)

Robert said...

Yeah man - awesome dude - glad to know em as well.

VioletSyn said...

This is a beautiful tribute to D!!!! I appreciate the closeness that you have with D--its priceless and a rare find! He's a standup dude and trustworthy friend with a nice dose of good convo...smh...if only he was single *wink*

You know you and I are like PB&J with the five grain wheat bread, son! LMAO So to answer your question--I by no reason of a doubt got your back (and I most definitely know that you got mine). WORD!!